Dental porcelain and lamina veeners are popular cosmetic dental treatments used for dental aesthetics and correction. These two methods are used to improve the color, shape and appearance of teeth.
What are Porcelain and Lamina Veneers?
Porcelain and lamina veeners can help teeth look whiter, straighter and aesthetically attractive. They use the following methods:
- Porcelain veneers or porcelain crowns are thin porcelain veneers that are specially designed over the teeth.
- They are usually used to correct aesthetic problems such as fractures, stains, discoloration or deformities on the surface of the teeth.
- This process requires special preparation of the teeth first. Some of the teeth are abraded and then impressions are taken.
- In the laboratory, specialists custom design and fabricate porcelain veneers.
- Once ready, the porcelain veneers are permanently bonded to the teeth and color-matched.
- As a result, porcelain veneers improve the aesthetic appearance of the teeth while preserving the natural tooth appearance.
- Lamina veeners are performed by bonding thin porcelain sheets to the front surfaces of the teeth.
- Laminates are often used to correct cosmetic problems such as discoloration, small tooth gaps or surface imperfections.
- This method requires little or no cutting of the teeth, which means a less invasive procedure.
- After taking specific impressions of the teeth, the laminates are fabricated in the laboratory and then bonded to the tooth surfaces.
- They are an effective method to achieve the desired aesthetic results while preserving the natural tooth appearance.
Why Porcelain and Lamina Veneers?
Advancing age and neglecting oral care can cause teeth to lose color and reduce their durability. Teeth that weaken over time can wear and break. Individuals who encounter these situations can regain their lost teeth with aesthetic dentistry methods. In addition, people who want their teeth to have a more aesthetic appearance can also apply for aesthetic dentistry services. The reasons for porcelain and lamina veneers are as follows:
- Correcting deformities
- Straightening slightly crooked teeth
- Eliminate color mismatches
- Aligning front teeth and solving other aesthetic and functional problems
Advantages of Porcelain and Lamina Veneers
Lamina porcelain veneers, which have gained increasing popularity in the field of aesthetic dentistry in recent years, significantly improve the quality of life with a number of advantages. Porcelain dental veneers stand out with their aesthetic appearance and durability. Some important advantages of porcelain and lamina veneers:
- Lamina porcelain veneers do not change their color for a long time and have a robust structure. In this way, they maintain their natural whiteness and aesthetics for years.
- They can be applied without eroding your existing teeth. In this way, they offer a great advantage in preserving natural tooth tissue.
- These dental veneers have an extremely aesthetic appearance. While restoring the natural form and brightness of the teeth, it emphasizes your smile.
- They can be applied on a single tooth or on multiple teeth. This gives you the opportunity to solve the aesthetic problems of your teeth in a single procedure.
- They have a natural look that is indistinguishable from your real teeth. This ensures that your smile looks natural and aesthetically pleasing after treatment.
- They do not show problems such as discoloration or staining over time. This ensures that your smile remains the same beauty in the long term.
- Porcelain veneers have a smooth structure. This prevents food and drinks from sticking to the tooth surface, making it easier to clean teeth.
- They are extremely resistant to breakage. They remain intact even during daily use and chewing, providing a long-lasting solution.
- They have a high resistance to tensile and tensile forces. This makes them a strong and durable solution.