The time of breast sagging may vary from person to person. Especially in individuals with large breast structure, this situation can be observed at an earlier age. The choice of bra is very critical in breast health; choosing the wrong bra may cause the breast to lose its form over time. In a healthy breast, the position of the nipple should be just above the breast fold. However, when sagging begins, the nipple comes to the level of this fold and in advanced cases, it may sag below the fold.
Why is Breast Lift Surgery Performed?
Breast lift surgery is an aesthetic intervention that offers a solution to the loss of the desired fullness or downward sagging of the breasts due to various reasons. The main purpose of the operation is to restore the nipple to its ideal position; usually this ideal position coincides with the level of the breast fold.
Factors such as the effect of time, childbirth and breastfeeding can cause the breasts to lose their elasticity. Breast lift surgery addresses these problems. In this procedure, sagging nipples are moved into the correct position, excess skin is removed and the breast tissue is reshaped. If the breasts are large, excess breast tissue is removed to bring them to the ideal size. Conversely, if the volume of the breasts is small, a fuller and more natural appearance is achieved with silicone implants. This aesthetic intervention aims to increase self-confidence and harmonize body contours.
Who is Breast Lift Surgery Suitable for?
The following people can apply for breast lift surgery:
- Any woman over 18 years of age can consider breast lift surgery for aesthetic concerns. However, such aesthetic interventions should be performed by individual decision.
- There are many factors that cause breast sagging. These include pregnancy, breastfeeding and the long-term effects of gravity.
- Frequent weight gain and loss or having large breasts from birth can cause the breasts to sag at an early age.
- Breast lift surgery is ideal for women who feel healthy both physiologically and psychologically.
- Women who are not satisfied with the appearance or size of their breasts may also consider this operation. However, they should consider the scars that may be left after surgery. If they are sensitive about possible scars, they should be well informed before making a decision.
- Women who are planning a pregnancy in the future should consider this operation after the planned pregnancy. Breastfeeding mothers are advised to wait until breastfeeding is complete. This allows the breast to take its final form and creates a more favorable situation for the operation.
Are There Scars After Breast Lift Operation?
Today, breast lift surgeries are performed with highly advanced techniques. However, it should not be forgotten that, as in every surgical intervention, scar formation is inevitable in breast lift surgeries. Although these scars are minimized, it is not realistic to expect a completely scarless result.