FUE hair transplantat is a method of extracting hair follicles that have not fallen out and transplanting them to the area where hair is to be regrown. This name is derived from the initials of the term “Follicular Unit Extraction”.
The distinctive feature of this method is the preparation phase of the area to be transplanted. In this preparation phase, tiny channels are created in the skin using medical blades with microscopic tips, differentiating it from other hair transplantation techniques. These channels form the basis for the transplantation of the hair taken in the following stage.
How is Fue Hair Transplant Performed?
FUE hair transplant is an effective treatment method applied to people with balding or thinning hair. This hair transplantation method is applied as follows:
- In the first step, the condition of your hair and its potential for transplantation are analyzed in detail.
- If there is no obstacle to transplantation, the hair transplantation area is carefully shaved.
- After shaving, the area where the hair transplant will be performed and the front hair border are determined by the specialist.
- Local anesthesia is applied to the area where the transplantation will be performed to prevent pain and pain sensation.
- Hair follicles called grafts are carefully taken from the shaved back part of the hair.
- The collected hair follicles are preserved in a special solution and made ready for transplantation.
- The transplant specialist opens channels for transplantation with special micro blades or sapphire tips in the designated area.
- The previously removed hair follicles are carefully transplanted into the opened channels.
- In the first days after the transplantation, the process of hair loss, which we call shock shedding, begins. However, this process is an expected and normal reaction after transplantation.
- With the end of shock shedding, the hair grows naturally over time and gains its density.
Who Can Have FUE Hair Transplant?
In hair transplantation procedures, this intervention can usually only be performed on people who have experienced hair loss but have enough hair follicles. If you are uncertain about whether your hair follicles are sufficient, you will be given the necessary explanations during the initial examination with your specialist doctor.
During the preliminary examination, your doctor will discuss with you the suitability of your hair for transplantation, the estimated duration of the intervention, possible risks and complications, and details about the cost.
Can Fue Hair Transplantation Be Performed on Very Thin Hair?
Hair transplantation is possible for thin hair. However, for this type of hair, it is necessary to collect a little more than the standard hair follicle (graft) transfer. During the consultation phase, your experienced doctor will carefully examine your hair and give you detailed information about this process.
What are the Advantages of Fue Hair Transplantation?
The FUE method of hair transplantation offers many advantages. Here are the main advantages of this method:
- The procedure is performed with modern micro-medical instruments, which increases precision.
- Most patients find the FUE procedure almost painless.
- It has a low risk of complications, making it a safe option for patients.
- It is performed with only local anesthesia, without the need for general anesthesia.
- The fact that FUE does not require stitches ensures that there are no remaining scars or scars.
- The density of the channels where the hair follicles are placed allows the hair to appear more natural and dense.
- After the treatment, you can quickly return to your daily life.
- The method helps you achieve natural-looking and dense hair in a few months.